Dj's United

My Worse Wedding Disco

Hi Guys

Just reading some of the above posts got me remembering my first ever wedding and even though I tried my very best no matter what I did was wrong. Apparently before i arrived to set up a small fight had took place and a table had been smashed so the atmosphere was very heavy once i arrived and you could really sense it. The bride marched up to the stage and demanded to hear songs from the scissor sisters and Bon Jovi and she asked if i had the playlist she previously emailed me a few weeks before hand.

I kid you not there was 19 pages of this playlist there must have been 50 songs per sheet The actual wedding song the bride and groom wanted to do the first dance to was by Bon Jovi (ALWAYS) so i made the anouncemnt the bride and groom will take to the dance floor for the fist dance of the evening and it went great.

I then started randomly picking Tracks from the playlist and my nightmare started people were shouting from the dance floor put something more better on. The playlist i was given had everything from 60's to 70's right up to the present day I played 2 or 3 songs from each era to which didn't please the guests. At one point a bottle was thrown on to the stage which nearly hit me luckily the doorman spotted who threw it and quickly throw him out of which in turn another fight took place the bride came up to the stage screaming it all my fault I had ruined her wedding the groom asked to look at the playlist and told me to carry on playing music and try to restore normality.

I was trying my best i played loads of music untill the end and the abuse got worse as the night went on. I was paid at the end of the night. I was glad it finished I just think you can't please eveyone all i did was use the playlist given to me by the client and set up a disco...it was a total nightmare night for me

Cheers

John

Whistling a Tune most people dance too