Dj's United

DJU Member Poll

Most Disco-Friendly No.1 of 1989?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One No.1 rose above the others this year for duration and longevity.

Black Box: "Ride on time" acheived 6 weeks at No.1

The only tune to come close to that, with 5 weeks at No.1 was Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers with "Swing The Mood". Jive Bunny was a contagion this year, with "Thats What I like" managing 3 weeks at No.1 and "Lets Party" managing a further week for the rabid Rabbit - a total of 9 weeks on top of the carrot pile.

Something had gotton hold of Gene Pitneys Heart for 4 weeks, and I guess it could have been Marc Almond - The Bangles; Eternal Flame went out after 4 weeks at No.1 (Apparently Suzanna Hoff sung it nude in the studio to get the innocent sound into her voice...), and also with 4 weeks at the top were Soul to Soul feat. Caron Wheeler - "Back to life".

Madonna was praying (or something like a prayer) for 3 weeks, as did Band Aid II "Do they know its Christmas?", and New Kids on the Block "You got it - The right stuff". Also making No.1 for 3 weeks was the Charity re-make "Ferry 'cross the Mersey.

2 weeks at No.1? Blah...almost anyone could do it...Simple Minds: "Belfast Child", Jason Donovan: "Too many Broken Hearts" and "Sealed with a Kiss" (2 weeks each), Sonia "You'll Never Stop Me From Lovin' you", and Lisa Stansfield "All around the world".

Kylie was on top for a week (cant grumble at that boys) with "Hand on your heart".

But, which tunes gets under your players laser at gigs?

most played because of first dances is Eternal Flame.

Personal fave: the mighty Soul II Soul http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/notworthy.gif

Anybody who votes for Jive http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/censored2.gif Bunny needs shooting and ridiculing publicly. (Sorry Mr Lee, you know what I mean)