Dj's United

Michael Jackson

One Of Londons most popular radio stations Heart 106.2fm have removed all Michael Jacksons songs from their playlist.

do you think other stations will follow

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex

Playing Wacko's music gives me the same feeling of disgust that I get when I remember Gary Glitter.

[insert quirky comment]

Funny you should mention Michael Jackson...

... I was wondering whether to keep playing his songs at a function.

I can understand why some people do not play Gary Glitter anymore and he certainly does not feature regularly in my playlists - he didn't feature much before certain things came to light!

However, with Michael Jackson there are a number of tracks that can *usually* fill a dancefloor. There are a number of songs that you know by looking at the audience that someone will request one of his songs - especially if you try to avoid his music.

So, will you be playing Michael Jacksons songs???

DJJ

As far as I am concerned if people still wanna dance to him I will keep playing his music. He still has some of the most popular tracks i play. Its not my job to tell people what they should and shouldnt like.

Well thats how i see it

I think this is going to be a difficult one.

I guess one way to look at it, is to follow the case and see what the outcome is.

We will all have personal feelings, and those will come in to play.

But I think the main player will be public opinion. If, and it is still an if, the jury finds against him, I believe that public feeling will go against him, and whatever anyone says, there will not be a seperation between him and the music.

Problem is, this one is loaded and I think alot of people are hoping for the best but not really for the right reasons.

I find this whole thing very worrying.

Vinnie

Paul Forsyth

The DJ formally known as Vinnie

I think I will continue to play his tracks, unless I start getting grief. I will monitor the reaction I get and of course, respect any clients wishes.

Its a hard call, I am sure that only two people on Earth actually know what really happened.....!

I don’t think there is any thing wrong with his music and if the people like the song they I don’t think they will really mind. I got a CD the other day with a re mix of one of his songs on and its really good.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/offtopic.gif Just a point to think about if you were a multi millionaire and decided to be a pedo would you build a fair ground in your back garden. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/offtopic.gif

Gary Glitter ,Michael Jackson as far apart as chalk and cheese Jackson ia talented p:cense:t while G.G. is just a p:cense:t

While joe public are still asking for M.J. I will still play and when they stop asking and dancing I will stop playing

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>KEEP THE FAITH</span>

M.U. Member

THE MOBILE DISCO IN NORFOLK.SUFFOLK,CAMBRIDGSHIRE AND THE UK

PLI YES £10,000,000

PAT TESTED YES

0845 46 DISCO / MOB 07703011164

www.firstchoiceentertainmentsuk.co.uk

EXCELLENCE IN ENTERTAINMENT SINCE 1965

OUALITY IS NOT EXSPENSIVE IT'S PRICELESS

I'll carry on playing him

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

QUOTE (BigBen @ Mar 8 2005, 04:09 PM)
Playing Wacko's music gives me the same feeling of disgust that I get when I remember Gary Glitter.

You're either a sucker for the media's stories or you somehow seem to have access to the facts that the rest of the world doesn't!

I'm guessing that you probably also instantly disliked Matthew Kelly & Dave Jones (ex-Southampton Manager) when the scum media decided they were both guilty of similar crimes?

I used to go out with a girl who was a barrister in both of those cases. There was hardly a shred of reliable evidence in either case and both men were proved innocent once it actually went to court, but unfortunately this was a LONG time after the initial accusations and in the meantime the media had already tried them and consequently both men suffered abuse from some members of the general public everywhere they went, and it wasn't just verbal abuse, their families also greatly suffered; all because:

1. We have the scummiest most despicable media in the entire planet.

2. This country has a lot of mugs/naive/easily led sheep who believe every word they read in those same scum newspapers!

IF, whacko is proved guilty, then your statement would be fair enough, at the moment in my opinion it absolutely stinks!

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

At the moment Micheal Jackson features in my playlists if asked for.

I'll occasionally put on Billie Jean, or Blame it on the boogie for the right crowd.

Im warey at the moment of certain requests which I'm sure some people would think were hilarious to get played such as one request I got which asked for "Two little boys" and The Jacksons "Can you feel it?" on the same bit o paper.... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/sad.gif

I think i shall continue playing anyway because its music ,you arent condoning what he has done in his private life by playing it and if you are then there are a lot of songs\artists going to be on your black list. In MJ s case i havent seen that hes been found guilty yet, so innocent until proven otherwise http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Judge the music.... not the man...... If people are going to instantly stop playing Michael Jackson tracks... will that also mean that they wont play any Jackson 5/Jackson tunes also?

I bet people have no quarms about playing Jerry Lee Lewis!

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll play Michael Jackson's tracks unless one of two things happens:

1. People stop enjoying, singing to and dancing to the songs

2. People are offended so much by what he is accused of that they request I don't play his songs.

Who are we to judge him, right?

We can add a few more to the list eg

James Brown

Sony (& Cher)

Ian Brown

etc etc

If people want to associate the morals with the music

then we'll all be playing Toby Keith 8(

QUOTE (Eskie @ Mar 8 2005, 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (BigBen @ Mar 8 2005, 04:09 PM)

You're either a sucker for the media's stories or you somehow seem to have access to the facts that the rest of the world doesn't!

I'm guessing that you probably also instantly disliked Matthew Kelly & Dave Jones (ex-Southampton Manager) when the scum media decided they were both guilty of similar crimes?

I used to go out with a girl who was a barrister in both of those cases. There was hardly a shred of reliable evidence in either case and both men were proved innocent once it actually went to court, but unfortunately this was a LONG time after the initial accusations and in the meantime the media had already tried them and consequently both men suffered abuse from some members of the general public everywhere they went, and it wasn't just verbal abuse, their families also greatly suffered; all because:

1. We have the scummiest most despicable media in the entire planet.

2. This country has a lot of mugs/naive/easily led sheep who believe every word they read in those same scum newspapers!

IF, whacko is proved guilty, then your statement would be fair enough, at the moment in my opinion it absolutely stinks!

Well said

Mobile Party DJ For Weddings Parties Corporate Events Covering London Essex Kent Sussex Surrey Bucckinghamshire Hertfordshire & Essex

I believe in innocent until proven guilty.

So I will keep playing his music unless he is found guilty. In that instance, then he will be the same as GG and I won't ever play anything he did solo.

Personally, I would like to believe that he is innocent... If given the choice, I would currently far prefer my child to be an MJ fan, with songs like Heal The World etc than Eminem or Green Day like a lot of the kids are now, with their far from nice lyrics.

Just my opinion though...

Agreed

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

some interesting opinions here but what it seems to boil down to is that the world appears to thrive on trials by the media rather than trials by jury in a court of law. had these allegations have been made against an oridinary member of the public, perhaps a teacher or a sports coach then his or her life would be over before the case had even gone to court and whether the person was found innocent or guilty this case would follow them around for the rest of their lives. If Jackson is found guilty then he deserves everything he gets however some of the pre-formed opinions shown here are typical of why these types of emotive cases should not be ever made public until after the trial, and this should apply whether the person is an everyday working class member of the public or a high profile superstar. Then the media can sound the alarm bells when the guilty verdict is read out.

At the end of the day even if Jackson is found guilty the music did not committ the crime the person did but I suppose you also refuse to pay rap music because it has been linked to gang related violence?, just as you cancelled your pension scheme when Robert Maxwell was on trial?.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

So, having read the above statements made by some people, I would like to ask:

If Michael Jackson is proved innocent, would you be willing to retract your statements as to the suitability of his product?

I mean guys, (and gals) we will simply never know the absolute truthin this matter. WE are not the people who are in possesion of the full facts, We should not be judging people, this is simply a trial by Media anyhow!

Our media rules really suck!

Firstly, I never said I would not be playing either MJ or Glitter tracks - I agree entirely with Kazz that music should be judged on its' own merit.

As for comments about innocent until proven guilty - do you feel the same about OJ Simpson? I'm afraid money can buy innocence nowadays so the court's final verdict may mean absolutely nothing.

My ONLY reason for thinking the way I do is that MJ has had too many young boys in his house on too many occassions. He has had cases brought against him before which out of court settlement's got him out of. Nobody disputes the fact that he has given alocohol to minors either.

I honestly feel sympathy for the guy because he is so messed up; likewise I think the parents who let their children into his house without the proper supervision are guilty of some sort of crime as well.

I don't adhere to the "no smoke without fire" saying - I totally agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. In my opinion, from what I have seen, read and heard, MJ is guilty of at least some of the crimes.

Eskie, my gut feel about Mathew Kelly was that he was never guilty and I don't know anything about the Dave Jones case. What I do know is that I am a father to three kids and stories like this sicken me to the core - anyone who is guilty of crimes against children should be hung, drawn and quartered. I really do hope that MJ is innocent of these crimes - whether he is proven guilty or not.

In the meantime, I will continue to play tracks by MJ and GG, as well as Jerry Lee and a host of other law breaking, drug taking, hotel room smashing "stars".

[insert quirky comment]

As for comments about innocent until proven guilty - do you feel the same about OJ Simpson?

Yes I do, the whole basis of the justice system is that very phrase, until you are proven guilt your completly innocent,

If a court finds you guilty the you have to be punished for that crime, if the courts find you innocent, then you are innocent of charges and did not commit the crime.

don't adhere to the "no smoke without fire" saying - I totally agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. In my opinion, from what I have seen, read and heard, MJ is guilty of at least some of the crimes.

exactly from what you have read & heard, none of us know all the facts, I don't know whether he is guilty or not, that is for a court to decide