Dj's United

The techie bits first.

350W x 350W into 8ohms, 525W x 525W into 4ohms, 800W bridged into 8ohms.

Frequency response 20Hz - 20kHz +0.1./-.3dB(1W/8ohm.

THD into 4ohm @ 1kHz -

SMPER IMD -

Slew Rate - 40V/µS

Damping Factor – 300:1, 1kHz @ 8ohm

Input CMRR @ 1kHz - >60dB

Voltage Gain – 61x Standard

Input Sensitivity @ 8ohm – 0.775V for rated power.

Input Impedance – 20K Ohm balanced, 10K Ohm unbalanced.

Hum & Noise - minus 103dB

Crosstalk -

Input sockets – 2 female XLR, 2 TRS jack sockets balanced/unbalanced

Output sockets – 2 Speakon stereo/parallel, 1 Speakon socket for bridged.

Maximum Current Draw – 8A.

Cooling – 2 variable speed fans.

Controls – 2 front panel attenuators, rear stereo/parallel/bridged switch, ground lift jumper.

LED Indicators – Protect, Clip, Signal & Power.

Protection – Temperature, DC, Sub/ultea, sonic short circuit, IGM, Output.

Dimensions – 5.1” x 22.4” x 21.6” (13cm x 57cm x 55cm).

Weight – 21.5Kg Gross, 17.3Kg Net.

http://img180.exs.cx/img180/8093/dscf00531um.jpg

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/7213/dscf00551yv.jpg

The first things I noticed when taking it out of the box for the first time was the weight, build quality & appearance. It looks and feels like a serious bit of kit.

All the controls, switches, sockets & indicator LED’s are all clearly marked and the front attenuators have a positive feel about them.

The Jack input sockets accept either stereo on mono sockets for balanced or unbalanced input, while the XLR input sockets accept balanced input only.

The selector switch on the rear switches between stereo, parallel & bridged. I have to admit that I can’t see the point of the parallel option, especially as you can only move this switch with the amp powered off, but the facility is there if you want to play in mono, but you will have to power off the amp to switch back to stereo.

It has a soft start, so no dimming lights when you switch it on, and the cooling fans are very quiet. I ran it at about ¾ power for a 5 hour gig and never heard the fans all night, and when packing down at the end it was still nice and cool.

During operation I could not hear any background noise from the amp when nothing is playing, and it appeared to put out to the speakers exactly what was being put into it by the mixer.

I found the input signal LED’s particularly useful as this lets you adjust the signal going into the amp to the amps optimum setting.

The makers have tried to cover every eventuality with the protection circuits and I think you would have to be either very unlucky or stupid to damage the amps circuitry.

One slight let down for me is that there is only one pair of output sockets If you want to connect 4 speakers you have to daisy chain them, so your speakers would have to have a link out socket on them, but this is just me being picky.

Although these amps fall into the “Budget” range, the build and quality is excellent and I would certainly recommend them to anybody looking into a new amp.

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.