Dj's United

Sound Limiters - A pain in the ****

Am I the only DJ who wants to start a campaign to destroy these monsters?.

I can understand some kind of volume control is neded if the venue is near peoples homes, but limiters are set far too low.

I find that instead of concentrating on the audience, I find myself watching the warning lights on the limiter, and find that people talking (or shouting out a chorus like Hi-Ho Silver Lining), these monsters bang staight into the danger area causing me to kill my sound.

Luckily I know a few veunues that have the ability to turn off the limiter and if a customer books me at such a venue I advise them to insist that they make sure the system is turned off.

Has any fellow pro turned down a booking if they know that the sound limiter is set too low?

Serving the South Of Essex with Professional "full time" DJ's.

check out our website at seedsdiscos dot co dot uk

... I try to avoid them at all costs.... my voice is enough to set them off! I usually try to find a socket that is off the main circuit to by pass - always take plenty of cable with you! Most of the time I manage to sniff one out! There is another forum which has covered noise limiters.. have a look - some interesting ideas on it.

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think Mikeee once mentioned about the law on these things.

Here's a story I like - DJ plugged into a different socket to avoid system cutting out.

Venue inspected and locals, staff etc interviewed.

DJ fined for breaking the law.

If you have deep pockets - (once said to me!!!!!) to fight venues and councils with these little gems is a http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/censored.gif steep slippery slope.

Yes - telling the client at time of booking is correct, but the venue should also point out to the client as well.

Alternatives - don't use the venue power and take a generator - run the system to 100W and you might not get caught!!!!!

It's a rotten system and any DJ that works at these type of venues should be Knighted!!!!!

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/042.gif