Dj's United

Vdj Usb Controller

There's absolutely loads!!!

It would be pointless for me to just make a list of supported controllers when I don't know what/how you want to use it.

I suggest you think about exactly what you want your controller to do, i'm talking about things like:

do you want hot cues/loops/effects?

does it need a built in sound card?

do I want a tabletop or rackmount?

all in one or seperates?

I could go on for ever but what i'm trying to say is the controller you choose should be a personal choice dependant on your needs that will integrate into your existing setup and is within your budget.

Have a look at this page for some ideas:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

I would also highly recommend you try and visit your nearest DJ store and have a good play with several different models before you rush out and order anything. I've found out to my expense in the past that what looks good on the net isn't always so great when you finally get to physically use it.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

Thanks Craig.

I dont really know what to get all i know is i would like to use a controller insted of using my mouse.

Do you know of any dj shops in kent?

Thanks Barry.

I have just got the Hercules RMX works fine and has built in soundcard.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

if you look in the config menu there is a tab to select controllers but you need to press one of the buttons that will show all devices as by default the only 'show connected devices' is selected

depends on what level of control you want and how much you want to spend

the pioneer cdj2000 may be a bit ott eh :joe:

What soundcard do you use?

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Hi Thanks for all the replys.

Im using the sound card built into my sony vaio laptop.

As for controll all i would like to do is not have to use my mouse for beat mixing and so on.

Thanks

Barry.

I have just got the Hercules RMX works fine and has built in soundcard.

Thanks can you do all the beat mixing with it.

Hi Thanks for all the replys.

Im using the sound card built into my sony vaio laptop.

As for controll all i would like to do is not have to use my mouse for beat mixing and so on.

Thanks

Barry.

Thanks can you do all the beat mixing with it.

what you need to consider to do beatmatching etc is the facility to listen to 1 track in the headphones whilst the other is playing front of house, obviously you cant do this with the onboard soundcard as you just have 1 output. many of us use the numark djio multichannel usb soundcard which sends the audio from both vdj decks to seperate mixer channels. you can use any controller like the numark total control etc. I would imagine the rmx will allow you to do this within itself anyway and the cost would be roughly the same.

my only gripe with these all in 1 mixer/controller/soundcard devices is if it goes down for whatever reason you are stuck and you would have to replace the entire unit. Also not a lot of effert goes into the mixer side and you can end up with poor sound quality, noisey mic preamps etc.

But thats my personal thoughts and it works for many.

Richmond Karaoke & Disco - Professional Mobile Disco Service For North Yorkshire - www.rkdisco.co.uk

Yes you can beatmix with it, it's got pitch sliders and jog wheels or you can use the sync button if you want to cheat lol

The headphone output has PFL (pre-fade/listen) so as Dave said, you can listen and cue up the track on one channel while the other one is playing. It's on a rotary dial so you can adjust the levels between channels you want to hear in your headphones.

The onboard soundcard i've found to be actually pretty good with no noticeable noise problems. It's certainly much better than you get taking the output straight from the laptop.

My main reason for buying the RMX was size and price. It does everything I need in one box and I would have to pay a whole lot more for the equivalent seperates.

I do agree again with dave that if it goes faulty you're going to have to replace the entire unit but of course the price of an rmx is less than one cheap CDJ. The rmx does seem to be extremely reliable though, mine gets constant abuse and it's never missed a beat plus i've personally never heard of anyone having problem with theirs except for maybe replacing a channel slider or the cross-fade which is something that happens on any piece of similar equipment.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

I'd be interested to know what you think of it Ray?

Brought this to see which way I was going to go PC or HD.

It took me a while to get the hardware and software to talk to each other properly but it was a matter of setting the parameters. I am using this in conjunction with my broadcast mixer, 1210's and CD players for my radio show.

So far it has been ok but I have found that the jog wheels are a little too small and too light.

But at the end of the day IMO its a budget system.

The whole unit is well constructed unlike some of the other units I looked at. The mic control side of it has a minus as there are no tone controls for the mic.

It works very well with Virtual DJ.

I am hoping to have a play with the Pioneer and Allen & Heath units over the next couple of months, I need to start making my mind up PC or HD.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.