Dj's United

Connecting Equipment - Help!

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a Cortex HDC3000 Media Music Player, Numark 200FX Mixer, Numark DJIO Audio Interface Soundcard, KAM KXR 1000 Amplifier and 2 Pioneer CDJ 500S Players. The problem is I don't know how to connect all these together with my KAM speakers which have a speakon output.

Can someone please explain how I get all this to work, PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :wall: :sad:

Experienced Motown & Northern Soul Mobile DJ

Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a Cortex HDC3000 Media Music Player, Numark 200FX Mixer, Numark DJIO Audio Interface Soundcard, KAM KXR 1000 Amplifier and 2 Pioneer CDJ 500S Players. The problem is I don't know how to connect all these together with my KAM speakers which have a speakon output.

Can someone please explain how I get all this to work, PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :wall: :sad:

Use RCA cables to connect your media players into the line inputs on your mixer channels, then RCA or XLR output on your mixer into the xlr input on your KAM Amp (all these cables can be picked up in maplins if you don't already have them, but I'm sure they would have come with the kit), then speakon cables out of the back of your AMP into your speakers speakon input, simple, It looks to me like you will be short one input for your media players, your mixer has 5 inputs according to the Numark website, and you will need six if you want to connect everything, 2 for the Cortex, 2 for your CD players and 2 for the DJIo soundcard which will be connected to your laptop. So just decide what media player you are using as backup only and only connect one side, to be honest if you already have a laptop with two channels and your two cd players then that should be plenty, I wouldn't bother with the cortex, a spare budget mixer may have been a better investment for emergencies (ie mixer failure), you could sell the cortex and buy one with the money, just my own two cents worth, hope this answers your question.

www.tipperarypartydj.com