Dj's United

Denon Dj Music Manager

Just wanted to say how dissapointed i am with the Denon DJ Music manager software - It's giving me no end of grief!!

After a month of adding tracks, editing tags etc i now have the following problems -

1000's of duplicate tracks - I def havent copied dupicate tracks to the device, so why have they duplicated?

All my playlists seem to have been corrupted - I have the track name for example Cha Cha slide but with the artist Duran Duran next to it (the artist and track names have for some reason become totally mixed up), and when i click to play this track (which should either be cha cha slide or a Duran track), i get Bad Manners Can Can!!!

Yes i have the latest release, yes i have a powerful laptop and i am pretty much sure i have been using this software according to the manual.

The hd-2500 Device itself is fantastic and i used it for the first time a few weeks back and was 100% happy,

however i feel very let down by the software!

Maybe it's just me, if anyone has any advice or clues to what has gone wrong i would love to hear from you!!

Cheers Steve

oohh

Just wanted to say how dissapointed i am with the Denon DJ Music manager software - It's giving me no end of grief!!

After a month of adding tracks, editing tags etc i now have the following problems -

1000's of duplicate tracks - I def havent copied dupicate tracks to the device, so why have they duplicated?

All my playlists seem to have been corrupted - I have the track name for example Cha Cha slide but with the artist Duran Duran next to it (the artist and track names have for some reason become totally mixed up), and when i click to play this track (which should either be cha cha slide or a Duran track), i get Bad Manners Can Can!!!

Yes i have the latest release, yes i have a powerful laptop and i am pretty much sure i have been using this software according to the manual.

The hd-2500 Device itself is fantastic and i used it for the first time a few weeks back and was 100% happy,

however i feel very let down by the software!

Maybe it's just me, if anyone has any advice or clues to what has gone wrong i would love to hear from you!!

Cheers Steve

It's not just you. I couldn't get on with it either.

I use Mediamonkey to sync to the drive inside the 2500, then rebuild the database on the 2500.

Mediamonkey sees the play count/date as a change though so tends to sync more than you need which can lose memo points.

Personally though i don't use the memo points, or the 2500 playlists as i find them too restrictive for what i do. I just carry a laptop for background music, inspiration and backup in case the 2500 fails.

Edited by dh140770

----------------------------

Thanks ... Dave

Wired For Sound Discos

What's the actual version number of the Music manager software?

and...what's the firmware version number on the Denon DN-HD2500. This can be found by going into PRESETs (a fascinating bunch of menu options in themselves) and turning the parameter knob until you get to "Version".

Both the above firmware and Version number may have decimal points in them, or be 4 digit etc. Please quote all.

Music manager has got some good features, but easy-to-pick-up user friendly-ness, isn't as good as perhaps it could be.

I am away working so cannot get to it, however i updated it to the latest firmware on Tuesday (which was successful) and also updated the denon music manager to the latest version on the same day, in fact the next day after these updates was when i realised the problems, so maybe that may have caused these issues??

Cheers

Steve

oohh

The most common cause for corrupted files/tags eg: wrong artist attributed to wrong song, or vice versa is 3rd party PC/laptop applications being used to adjust the music files, or their tag info - eg:

a) Third Party Applications which edit or attempt to auto populate tags - even simple things like Changing The Capitalisation Of The Words In The Tags" especially Auto BPM calculators. (New Music manager has a great BPM calculator which will BPM tag an entire folder/drive for you)

b) Third Party Applications which adjust the volume level of the music files (normalize)

c) Third Party Applications which remove the silence from the end and/or the beginning of the music (Top'n'tail)

However the tag/file corruption occured, simply delete the "Denon DJ" database folder from the drive in question, and use the DN-HD2500 front panel Utility Menu to Create Full Database for that drive. This function should also remove duplicate database entries, which are usual created when the "Add files to database" or "add folder to database" options are used (accidently) repeatedly on a drive which has already had its music files added to the database. eg: Add all files on drive F: to the database which already held all the music files data for drive F:.