Dj's United

Uisng A 5.1 Card To Split Channels

I have got hold of a 5.1 live soundblaster sound card which I intend to use for pc djing.

At the mo I use atomix and I can see I can select either 2 soundcards to each deck.

I have heard on here that a few people use 5.1 cards and use say the rear left speaker for one deck, then front right speaker for deck 2. How do I get atomix to use this or what program do I use to sort this?

I installed the pci version of of the soundcard so I just have the normal 3.5mm headphone jacks to connect to. Im hopinh to connect one of these channels to channel 1 on my mixer and another channel from the soundcard to another channel on the mixer. Then I can cue using my mixer headphones. But need to sort this 1st.

I have got hold of a 5.1 live soundblaster sound card which I intend to use for pc djing.

At the mo I use atomix and I can see I can select either 2 soundcards to each deck.

I have heard on here that a few people use 5.1 cards and use say the rear left speaker for one deck, then front right speaker for deck 2. How do I get atomix to use this or what program do I use to sort this?

I installed the pci version of of the soundcard so I just have the normal 3.5mm headphone jacks to connect to. Im hopinh to connect one of these channels to channel 1 on my mixer and another channel from the soundcard to another channel on the mixer. Then I can cue using my mixer headphones. But need to sort this 1st.

No worries, sorted another driver for it and can split all 5 channels if need be now! A hell of alot better quality than my on board audio!

• 1 year later...

No worries, sorted another driver for it and can split all 5 channels if need be now! A hell of alot better quality than my on board audio!

Hi mate,

any chance you can share with me how exactly you did it and what drivers you used?

Thanks