Dj's United

morning!!,

in a couple of weeks time i have a wedding, the bride would love a mirror ball for use with the first dance, she understands the inpractobillity of drilling holes in the hotel roof to fit a ball so thats out the question!! at the min the lighting is all on a goalpost rig im woundering if i hung a mirror ball in the centor of the rig and had two pin spots coming up from where the speakers would be ( at the front of set up either side) both set onto the the ball would this work. to fill out the effect i was thinking of the data moons set on manual slow just on white mabe projecting on the walls or roof, will it work??? and dose anybody still use a mirror ball?

:Thumbup:

Edited by The Ogrady Roadshow

White light via a DMX effect for me, works great

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

morning!!,

in a couple of weeks time i have a wedding, the bride would love a mirror ball for use with the first dance, she understands the inpractobillity of drilling holes in the hotel roof to fit a ball so thats out the question!! at the min the lighting is all on a goalpost rig im woundering if i hung a mirror ball in the centor of the rig and had two pin spots coming up from where the speakers would be ( at the front of set up either side) both set onto the the ball would this work. to fill out the effect i was thinking of the data moons set on manual slow just on white mabe projecting on the walls or roof, will it work??? and dose anybody still use a mirror ball?

:Thumbup:

Hi the m ball is a class efect like the oil wheel.

A good idea is to have a m ball eather side of you on a t bar ( m ball on one side of the t bar and on the other side have the pin spot facing opp m ball thus getting a full efect all over the room), so two m balls ant two pin spots.

Also have another two pins on the floor pointing at the bottom of the m ball thus filling not only the room but the dance floor too.

gotta say the data moons on this slow white rotation do look mint....

right jonh i need 4 pinspots and 2m balls, do i, ok this is gonna cost what im earning, for for a 3 min song!! lol

Edited by The Ogrady Roadshow

T bar eather side of you with a small m ball on each one and have a pin spot on each t bar too pointing at opp m ball.

then two pins on the floor atached to t bar one below each ball and again have them facing opp m balls. With smoke the efect is great!

I find that one or two 50W pin spots on a mirror ball do not provide enough light compared to today's 250W effects.

A couple of 100W colour changers fitted with narrow spot lenses, or pointing the beams from a pair of 250W scanners (with gobos open) works much better.

I use 2 moving heads ( one each side ) pointed at the mirror ball in the centre of the lighting rig.

There ....you need 2 moving heads now as well :joe:

The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

I use my mirror balls a couple of times a year, usually with colour changing DMX lights that are 250 watt, but pinspots (my other option) are a great effect too. Should work a treat.

And mirror balls are a fraction of the price they were 10 years ago!! (12" ball less than £20!!)

I saw once on ebay someone selling some "anyway up" mirror balls.

It looked rather like a gyroscope.......

You could mount the mirror ball at any angle, and given the options, from pretty much anything.

Anyone come across them, they looked quite versatile.

I am considering a half ball from thomann at the moment (or maybe 2)